Followers

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Maybelline Dream Matte Powder - Beige Medium





has been in my make up drawer for a month or so. Uses at least 1-2 times a week.

Today's Post is Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Beige Medium. This has requested by Fenn from Ocassionally Impulsive . 

The website says :
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT
• Formula is jet-milled into ultra-fine particles for an air-soft, ultra-silky texture 
• The suede-touch puff smoothes onto skin evenly, effortlessly, for the most beautiful matte perfection

FOR BEST RESULT :
Apply Dream Matte® Powder to your forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin with the provided puff using gentle downward strokes. Build coverage gradually.

Packaging
I like the packaging of this pressed powder.  The packaging made of pan plastic container.  It looks chic , also the good idea of putting the puff on its own place which seperated from the powder, so we know with this way at least it would prevent of bacteria growth which it doesn't matter for me if the packaging like any other pressed powders. 

Application
I use tall kabuki brush to apply it. I use the puff sometimes for emergency touch ups.

The texture 
It's very silk/smooth without any powdery at all. Love it :) 

Finishing / Coverage
It gives natural matte finish. The coverage is from light to medium. You can layers the application couple times to get medium coverage. But for full coverage, i don't think so. And for skin like me (very oily and have blemishes), i only get very light coverage. I tried to layers it, still the coverage is very light on me. It doesnt cover any blemishes, just make them look smoother. For flawless skin person, you probably dont even need foundation ,etc underneath, just use this powder alone, you are good to go. 

Oil Control 
On the very warm day (up to 100 F)
After 1 and half hour i can notice my face get little shiny. This occurs without foundation underneath. If you are expecting for better oil control, should have good foundation under it.  
On the cool - little warm day ( up to 80 F)
It holds the oil after couple hours. 

The swatch :


Choose the "without flash" as the closest swatch in the real life. 

Price : $8.23
Available at local drugstore in U.S. ; for Indonesians, you can pick this up at malls in Maybelline counters. 
Rephurchase : Yes. 

Likes :
- Affordable
- Natural Matte Finishing
- Available in 4 shades - is that enough? no? for me yes for powder ;) 
- No breakouts occurs
- Scent-free ( don't get me wrong, i basically love yummy smells on products except for face products ) 
- Chic packaging
- Available in drugstore

Dislikes : 
- The packaging is little hard to open , so is the mirror to slide out. 
- The oil control isnt that good on very oily skin (on the very warm day)

I hope you enjoy this review post. Please note : this post based on my honest opinion and personal experience that might different with yours. 
So what are your thoughts about this powder?

Thank You for checking out this post. Everyone have a good day :)



26 comments:

  1. Nice product and review! Too bad that this is not so great with oily skin on a warm day. My T-zone especially the forehead gets super oily during a warm day:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mimi! yeah same here but me got oily almost entire my face when it get super warm, of course except my lips doesnt get oily LOL

      Delete
  2. nice :) too bad this product hard to get in indonesia :(

    BlushOff [Beauty Blog]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh really? i thought it suppose to available there too!

      Delete
  3. I was sold by the time I saw the packaging. I'm a sucker for a make up thing with out of the box kind of packaging. thanks for the review yoan, such a nice and detailed one. I'll check maybelline counter today :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fenn, hope this post is helpful! :)

      Delete
  4. wahh.. packagingnya unik ^^

    http://xiaoveeworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makasih ya Xiao Vee sudah berkunjung :)

      iya aku suka packagingnya!

      Delete
  5. Aku juga suka nih powder, cuman masalahnya kenapa mereka discontinue my shade! ><"

    -blushfully

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh really? aku gatau menahu tentang itu :(

      Delete
  6. I tried this powder before is nice but like you I don't like the packaging :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well the packaging is nice and look chic, just not that easy to open, so is the mirror to slide out! :(

      Delete
  7. That was a very detailed review! I have not been too keen on Maybelline lately...however some of their recently launched products are tempting me explore this brand again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love their recently released products. some of them are amazing! :)

      Delete
  8. aku juga punya bedak ini.... suka nya kalo di aku dia gak cakey... tapi oil control nya gak begitu *nendang* maklum muka tambang minyak.. haha..., btw aku baru pertama buka blog kamu ini dari liat posting di IBB.. dan sukaaaa (posting nya udah buanyaaak banget)... hahaha, aku follow ya... follback/main2 ke blog aku kalo berkenan..

    pinkyrose21.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makasih Rani! sama muka aku pun minyakan berlebih, you arent alone! LOL :D

      Thanks for following me!:)

      Delete
  9. good review :) I remember using this powder when i was in highschool. I think it was one of the first powders I tried in my student budget :) It's not a bad choice~ I agree, i like the matte finish it has and it's natural looking too :P

    keep in touch :)
    -Joyce

    Do you like beauty products?
    We're holding a giveaway @ carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joyce, yes this powder isnt bad choice. i love it since i tried it for the 1st time. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  10. Hi. I'm your new follower. Thanx for the great review. I have been wanting to try this powder, but shame it's not available at maybelline counters in indonesia. Also, I notice that there is only very few online shops who open pre-order sales for this. So, this is really hard to get.

    anyways, i like your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww Thank You! it's too bad that this good powder isnt available over there :( Hope they will release this stuff someday in Indonesia!

      Delete
  11. I am a huge makeup snob, but I absolutely love Maybelline. It works the best for me.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed with you. i been loving their stuff for a long time ago!

      Delete
  12. great review and beautiful pictures! :)

    http://sindy-ng.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Yooannita

    A really informative post, keep it up.

    am following you now, hopefully you can follow me too, so I can stay close to your blog and comment often

    www.personalautographs.blogspot.co.uk
    Jatinda

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for comments! I appreciate it :)