Followers

Saturday, March 9, 2013

M.A.C Pro Longwear Bronzing Powder "Sun Dipped" ( Hey Sailor Collection)

I apologize for this out of date review. This supposed to be done like..... last September :(

I am not sure if M.A.C itself still carry this collection on their store.... but anyhow better late than never, right? :) So here is the review post of "Pro Longwear Bronzing Powder in Sun Dipped" by M.A.C Hey Sailor Collection. 



I really like the packaging. I love the sailor-ish pattern on it. 


I ordered this last September from Nordstorms and i picked the wrong shade for my skin tone, so i had to returned it and exchanged it with the "Sun Dipped" one. I believe there were only 2 shades for this bronzer. This bronzer cost around $30. 

The texture is slight shimmery almost to matte. The shimmery after application is less noticeable on the skin. And depending of what kind of brushes you use to apply this, it can be very powdery but if u pick the right brush like kabuki kind, it's not powdery just attached the brush perfectly fine. I had to layering this bronzer like 3 times to make them look noticeable. And i find that after couple hours the shade get settle on my skin and appearing nicer, matte and blend the skin very well.

Swatches : 

With flash

Without flash:

My first impression was dissapointing because that time was still summer season that my skin was alot darker than i am now, so it was almost un-noticeable on my face. But now in the winter time that my skin is lighter - i can see my bronzer lay on my skin. 

These pictures taken today - 3 hours after application


Pros :
- Nice packaging
- I think it would work very well for fair skin
- Nice texture (slight shimmery - mostly gives matte finish)
- Last for a long hours
- After couple hours, it looks even nicer on skin
- Good to use for winter time when my skin get lighter
- Doesn't break me out

Cons :
- Expensive 
- It's not quite pigmented for my skin tone (layering 3 times will work)
- It's not work for me in the summer time
- Limited edition 

Do you own this bronzer? How do you like it? Let me know in the comment below :)

5 comments:

  1. This looks like such a nice bronzer on you, I love the packaging! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! this is my winter bronzer and yes packaging is really cute :)

      Delete
  2. Pretty bronzers really makes your face look pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for comments! I appreciate it :)